Download the Nike Training Club App to your phone: Great “No Equipment” Workouts you can do over break. http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nike-plus/training-app
Strength & Mobility (Jay Johnson-Youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLUzqPLVEQwhfjt9I4DpamSLqEoeKBiMOo&v=5-2gUAOnrco
Core X (Jay Johnson-Youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjtGRZX8j0&t=4s
Sign Up for Remind Texts if you have not already, these are used to communicate all important practice and meet information: Text @oohstf17 to 81010.
Throwers: Sign Up for Remind Texts from Coach Dills: Text @oohst to 81010.
9th Grade and New Runners, Fill Out New Athlete Google Survery on the front page of this site! This is the only way to ensure you and your parents receive emails from Coach Walters!
We will begin sprint conditioning at 2:55pm and end at 3:30pm. All VARSITY level Sprinters/Jumpers ONLY will lift from 3:30-4:30pm. You have to run fast to become fast, We don’t waste time, we will do drills, sprint, and get you out of there Dec-Feb. Depending on how many guys and girls show up we might have JV core and body strength workouts after from 3:30-4pm in January & February.
BOYS Conditioning will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from Dec. 1st until outdoor track officially starts on March 6th.
GIRLS Conditioning will be Monday & Wednesdays from Dec. 1st until March 6th.
Boys & Girls will begin conditioning at 2:55pm and end at 4pm EVERY DAY. These are optional There will always be someone to run with after school. Cross Country guys and girls should log miles on running2win.com All Varsity runners will lift from 4:15-5pm on Monday & Wednesday.
Prepare to always run outside, bring hats, gloves, and sweats every day.
Tuesdays and Thursdays for boys and girls will be spent in the weight room from 3:30-4:30pm. Throwers competing in Indoor Track Meets Only will be throwing in the Commons at times to be determined by Coach Dills.
Students must be dressed appropriately for winter weather. You will not be able to run if your attire puts you in danger. Hats, gloves, mittens, coats, etc., are a MUST! DO NOT come in just shorts. Always be prepared to go outside. Sprinters/Jumpers will stay inside if it is too cold or icy/snowy outside.
- Students must complete all forms on FINAL FORMS website to participate in winter conditioning. Physicals can be given to Coach Walters or the Training Room. You are most likely good if you have done a fall or winter sport. Instructions for Final Forms can be found on the back of this sheet.To compete in indoor meets, you must pay for yourself ($10-20) per meet & transport yourself to and from the meet. Indoor track is not an OHSAA official sport. The track coaches association puts on the Indoor State meet. Below are the tentative meets (subject to change) that we will attend and while field events can do all of the meets, runners can do a maximum of five meets.Anyone can compete in an indoor meet, but the quality is varsity level competition, so if you’ve never done track before, then please consider waiting until outdoor to begin competing. Coach Walters will ask you to compete in the scheduled meets as he can only enter 2-3 people per event, but let him know if you are interested in competing. You CAN compete at meets not listed below on your own, without coaches, just let coach Walters know and he will enter you in your desired competition.
2017 Indoor Schedule
Sunday January 15th-Otterbein HS Invitational, 9:30
Saturday January 21st –Ohio State Indoor #2, 9am
Saturday February 4th-Ohio State Indoor #3, 9am
Sunday February 12th-Otterbein Indoor Valentine Invitational or SPIRE Scholastic Showcase
Saturday February 18th-Akron University-Rubber City Open, 10am
Saturday February 25th-Central District Indoor at Otterbein (DI around 3pm)
Saturday March 5- Ohio State Indoor Championships, Akron University (If qualified)
For more meets, go to: http://www.oatccc.com/track.aspx
**The top 18 times or performances in each event in the State qualify to the State Indoor Championships, list are updated weekly on http://oh.milesplit.com
FINAL FORM INSTRUCTIONS:
PARENTS, Please follow these steps to set up your login information:
1. Go to https://olentangy.finalforms.com
2. Ctrl+Click to follow linkhttps://olentangy.finalforms.com
3. Fill in your name and email address and click register
4. Check your email and confirm
5. Click ADD STUDENT in right hand corner
6. Enter all info and click CREATE STUDENT
7. Join each sport that your son or daughter is going to be participating in
8. The next page will contain many items for you to complete.
9. Once you are finished, press submit and have your son or daughter log on to sign the same forms under their email address.